We offer a range of services here at Southborough Lane Surgery to support and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
NHS Advice on drinking recommends that men should not regularly drink more than 3-4 units of alcohol a day and women should not regularly drink more than 2-3 units a day, “Regularly” means drinking every day or most days of the week.
- NHS Choices – Alcohol Misuse
- NHS Choices – Where to find alcohol support
- Change Grow Live
Free chlamydia screening kits are available from the surgery if you are between the ages of 16-24.
Simply ask at reception for a kit. It is a completely confidential service where you can send a urine sample in the envelope provided and receive the results easily.
A range of sexual health services are offered at the surgery including:
- Contraception and contraception advice
- Emergency contraception and emergency contraception advice
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhoea and genital warts
- Testing and counselling for HIV and AIDS
If you need advice and support with a sexual health matter or you think you have a problem you would like to discuss, please call the surgery to make an appointment with your GP.
Sexual health services are freely available for everyone.
For more information please visit the websites below:
- Family Planning Association: Sexual Health Advice
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- Sexual Advice Association
- NHS Choices – Sexual Health Topics